Businesses have been trying to keep up with the mobile era to embrace the change and take advantage of it. That is when the ‘There is an app for that’ mantra started, but guess what …that is so 2012, according to Deloitte’s latest report ‘Tech Trends 2013: Elements of Postdigital’.
The ‘mobile First’ era is changing to the ‘mobile only’ era according to the study. “It’s not noteworthy that your enterprise has great mobile apps; it’s noteworthy if you don’t’, says the report. The report urges enterprises not to stay static on mobile first, but rather move quickly to ‘mobile only’. How do you do that? Here are some suggestions from the report.
- Have a digital strategy- Begin by identifying opportunities and discovering ways for renovating your stakeholders’ experience through mobile.
- Cross the streams- All mobile projects don’t necessarily have to be integrated under one team, but things are leading that way. Acknowledge that overlaps will occur.
- Bring concepts to life by creating a mobile team with a mix of talents.
- Stay current with what others are doing by creating a platform for your team to engage.
- Understand the target users’ needs, wants and routines.