A survey report released this March by Sage North America indicates that business owners are understanding the positive effect of mobile technology on productivity.
- More than 55% have one to two employees using laptops.
- About 40% have one or two employees using tablets or smartphones
- The use of remote access have increased over the past year (laptops by 48%, tablets by 64%, smartphones by 78%)
- 45% of the business already have BYOD policy in place. 35% have not yet considered BYOD.
- Businesses polled use laptops (74%), smartphones (68%) and tablets (38) to access work-related information remotely.
- 90% access their email remotely on a mobile device. Other popular applications that are accessed remotely include text messaging (66%), contacts (77%), Banking (64%) and Documents (53%).